Casitas and Golden State
reached a buy-out settlement and
Golden State drops the $23K in legal fees
for Ojai FLOW Board members.
Farewell Golden State
For details see Casitas Board meeting Agenda for
April 12th, 3:00 PM at the Oak View Resource Center
These Were The Major Milestones
in the Golden State Buyout
- Appraisal is made. ☑ Submitted to Casitas Board on Feb 24, 2016
- Casitas Board decides how much to offer. ☑ Casitas Board has closed door session, reviews the appraisal, and votes 5/0 to make an offer.
- Casitas makes an offer to buy Golden State operations in Ojai.
☑ On February 26, 2016 an offer is made for $23 million + up to $2.5 million in uncollected WRAM charges.
- Golden State says yes or no. ☑ On March 8th Golden State says they are not for sale and don’t want to negotiate.
- Negotiations likely to occur. ☑ Nope, Golden States refused to negotiate.
- If Golden State says no:
- Casitas Board holds a hearing to decide/approve the use of eminent domain. ☑ The Casitas board voted unanimously at their March 23, 2016 board meeting to hold a public hearing and vote whether or not to move forward with the eminent domain process to acquire Golden State Water operations in Ojai as Golden State had agreed to in Section 3 of the Franchise Agreement with the City of OjaiAfter taking input for the public as well as Golden State at a special public hearing on April 13, 2016, the Casitas board voted unanimously to move forward with the eminent domain process to acquire Golden State Water operations in Ojai. Here is the Notice of Resolution and Golden State’s reply.
- Casitas files the court case. ☑ On May 12, 2016 Casitas filed the case PLUS filed a claim for damages because of Golden State’s previous court actions. On July 5, 2016 Golden State files 1) their response, 2) Request for Special Motion to Strike, 3) David Moran notice of support to strike.For the latest up-to-date information visit ventura.courts.ca.gov/CivilCaseSearch, enter 2016-00481628. Our full case number is 56-2016-00481628-CU-EI-VTA and the assigned judge is Vincent O’Neill.
- A Mandatory Settlement Conference is set for April 5, 2017, at 10:30 a.m., in Department D22.
- The Phase I “Right-to-Take” Trial is set for June 12, 2017, at 1:30 p.m., in Department D41.
- The “Phase II” Valuation/Damages Trial is set for December 11, 2017, at 1:30 p.m., in Department D41.
- Casitas issues bonds, and the Casitas Mutual Water District purchase of the Golden State Water Company operations in Ojai takes place—estimated first quarter 2018.
Don’t fool around with Ojai,
FAREWELL GOLDEN STATE!
We went over the top, with 87.4% voting Yes.
This is unheard of and we should all be proud to be part of such a united community. This election will go down in history and used to show that people
can control their destiny.
FINAL VOTE COUNT:
Total Registration = 4,796
Total Ballots Cast= 2,464 (51.3%)
Yes Votes = 2,154 (87.4%)
NO Votes= 310 (12.6%)
Overseeing the Vote count on election night.
August 13, 2013
Left, Pat McPherson (Ojai FLOW Chair) – Steve Wickstrum (Casitas Gen. Mgr.) –
Russ Baggerly (Casitas Board member for Ojai)
THANK YOU OJAI.