The California Supreme Court
Says No to Golden State’s request
to hear the case
- On July 29,2015 the court declined to hear the case.
- On June 20, 2015, the court extended their decision from June 21st to August 24th.
- On April 14, 2015, the 2nd appellate court rules in favor of Casitas.
- January 28, 2015, two for profit organizations (Park Water Company and The Calif. Water Association) filed friend of the court briefs in support of Golden State.
- On January 25, 2015 four public agencies (Calif. Water Agencies, League of Calif. Cities, Calif. State Association of Counties, and California Special Districts Association) filed a friend of the court brief in Support of Casitas.
- On January 15, 2015 Golden State filed their rebuttal to Casitas
- On October 28, 2014 Casitas filed their rebuttal and on October 27, 2014, Ojai FLOW filed theirs.
- On September 25, 2014, Golden State filed their appeal.
Ojai rate payers have paid over $6.5 million dollars
and increasing at $9,315 per day (See counter below)
because Golden State has prevented us from getting
the Casitas water rates that we voted for.
On August 27, 2013, nearly 90% voted YES
It has been:
824 days 19 hours 50 minutes 9 seconds
Golden State’s lawsuit is costing us
- $9,315 – per day
- $388.12 – per hour
- $6.46 – per minute
- $0.11 – per second
Don’t fool around with Ojai,
FAREWELL GOLDEN STATE!
We went over the top, with 87.4% voting Yes.
This is unheard of and we should all be proud to be part of such a united community. This election will go down in history and used to show that people
can control their destiny.
FINAL VOTE COUNT:
Total Registration = 4,796
Total Ballots Cast= 2,464 (51.3%)
Yes Votes = 2,154 (87.4%)
NO Votes= 310 (12.6%)
Overseeing the Vote count on election night.
August 13, 2013
Left, Pat McPherson (Ojai FLOW Chair) – Steve Wickstrum (Casitas Gen. Mgr.) –
Russ Baggerly (Casitas Board member for Ojai)
THANK YOU OJAI.